Sweet and savory, these stuffed dates will stand out as an exquisite dinner party hors d'oeuvre or dessert - you decide! Simple structure with complex flavors, this dish will save you time and give your guests something to remember.
- 12oz pitted medjool dates (available at The Basketeria, Stand 60)
- 1 small wheel of triple creme goat brie (available at The Cheese Shop, Stand H8)
- 3oz sliced raw almonds (available at Mediterranean Imported Foods, Stand H1)
- 1/4 cup sour cherry preserves (optional, available at Mediterranean Imported Foods, Stand H1)
- Fine pink sea salt to taste (available at Mediterranean Imported Foods, Stand H1, and at Urban Herbs, Stand E2)
- Slice (if needed) and pry open about 10-12 dates. Remove pits if needed.
- Cut thin, 2 inch long wedges of cheese, and insert into each date opening.
- Arrange stuffed dates on plate or platter of choice.*
- Sprinkle almonds generously on the platter, and lightly salt to taste.
- If desired, drizzle sour cherry preserves over the dates.