Bring on the roasted veggies! This recipe incorporates some of the best organic and locally grown fall harvest items: golden butternut squash, nutty baby blue potatoes, and delicious sweet onion. We love it for the beautiful color contrast and the warm, savory flavors! Enjoy.
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 2 pounds baby blue potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium sweet onion
- A few sprigs of assorted herbs: sage, rosemary, and thyme work nicely!
- Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
- 3 tbsp butter or vegetable oil
- Sour cream and paprika for garnish (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut the butternut squash in half lengthwise, and scoop out the seeds. Peel the squash, and cut it into bite size pieces.
- Scrub and rinse the baby blue potatoes. Cut into bite size pieces.
- Peel and mince the garlic. Peel and roughly chop the sweet onion. De-stem and mince the herbs.
- Transfer all cut ingredients to roasting pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Add butter or oil, and toss. Roast for about 50 minutes or until squash and potatoes are tender.
- Remove from oven and serve warm. Garnish with sour cream and/or a sprinkle of paprika.